Bank of America is known to be one of the biggest financial and banking corporations in the world whose headquarter is located in Charlotte in the North Carolina state of America. Bank of America is ranked as second among the biggest bank holding companies present in America as per the assets it has.
In the year 2016, Forbes ranked Bank of America is ranked at 11th position among the largest companies in the world. There are around 5100 branches of Bank of America operating around 16300 ATMs and many more numerous call centers and mobile banking platforms.
Bank of America Routing Number is a type of identification code that primarily consists of 9 digits. It is widely used by the American Bankers Association. Hence, it is called ABA routing number. The Routing number is also called as RTN or Routing Transit Number or Check Routing Number. Hence one should not get confused with any of the two terms used whether it is RTN (Routing Transit Number) or CRN (Check Routing Number).
The Bank of America Routing numbers have various utilities and thus can be used in a number of ways. It is generally required for various types of wire transits and differs from state to state. The routing number usually used mostly represents the State of California, Illinois, Texas, Colorado and many others where the personal banking account was initialized.
The Bank of America transit number may differ depending on the type of transaction. For example, the routing numbers of Bank of America (BOA) for California are – 121000358 (ABA, ACH), 026009593 (Wire) where ACH represents Automated Clearing House and Wire represents Wire transfer.
Bank of America Routing Number: How to find one?
Bank of America’s customers can easily find the required routing number by using the Online Banking in an authorized manner. There are many ways by which the Bank of America Routing number can be found.
- The customers can also find the routing number by visiting the official website of Bank of America which is www.bankofamerica.com.
- One can also find the required routing number online by making a search on the internet specifying the state where the account was opened.
- Another way for finding the routing numbers is through the assigned checks. There is a 9 digit code printed as a part of the rule at the left bottom of the paper. The routing or transit number is a 9 digit number where the number is surrounded by ‘|:’mark. This method is an ease for the people who have a dilemma of searching codes. This method helps them more.
One thing to note is this routing number mentioned can only be utilized for paper transactions and is invalid for wire transfers or for electronic bank operations. Hence the above routing number process cannot be followed in the cases where the baking operations are performed in an electronic manner or the ones which involve wire transfers.
The variations in the routing numbers can also be attributed to the type of transaction made. It can be either a paper, electronic or wire. Hence, the checks are not always in use. Therefore one must use the ABA Routing Number Selector. For using ABA Routing Number Selector, one needs to find it online by selecting the desired state and choosing the appropriate routing number for the same from the list.
Some of the states have more than one routing number. Some of such states are Illinois, Michigan, Florida, Texas, and Indiana. Hence there is an important question of which one of the many routing numbers to choose? There might be a confusion in this situation and to know about this you have to follow some instructions. The answer to the same is as mentioned below –
|State Name||Routing Numbers|
|District of Columbia||054001204|
|Illinois Chicago Metro||071103619/081904808|
|Indiana accounts opened online before 23/08/2008||051000017|
|Indiana accounts opened online after 23/08/2008||081904808|
|Michigan, accounts opened online before 23/0//2008||051000017|
|Michigan, accounts opened online after 23/08/2008||081904808|
Following steps in order to find Bank of America Routing Numbers
- Visit the official webpage of the bank and authorize the account.
- In the process of authorizing your account, you would have set an online id and passcode for future login. this process provides the customer more security.
- Use personal Online Id and Passcode for the same in order to log in to your authorized account.
- After getting access one can learn about the Bank of America routing number by clicking on Information and Services tab.
- This tab will show you all kind of description regarding all the things you want to know about Bank of America routing number.
- One can also use the customer service support of Bank of America by dialing 1 – 800 – 933 – 6262. Dialing this number a customer care of Bank of America will help you know Bank of America (BOA) Routing Number.
Monday to Friday: 7 am – 10 pm.
Saturday and Sunday: 8 am – 6 pm.
If you want to connect the Bank of America service support then you have to follow the timing mention above. Bank of America service support executives will help you in all the manner that you want every time.
Thus, one can easily follow the above-mentioned steps in order to get the specified Bank of America Routing Number. These methods and steps are well verified and always lead a customer to the more sufficient and reliable way to know about Bank of America Routing Numbers.